Tuesday, February 15, 2022

La Chinesca, Philadelphia PA

La Chinesca

Upon review of La Chinesca, I didn't find it particularly special in any way.  I was very excited because I thought it was a Chino-Latino restaurant however it turned out to be a quasi-Mexican-Chinese fusion. 

The beef tacos my cousin ordered were very bland even though they looked yummy on the outside the beef is very dry and lacked flavor on the inside. We were told that the duck egg roll would be of quite a large size to split between three people and it turned out to be the average size of a typical egg roll you would find in a Chinese-American Takeout joint.  My younger cousins ordered two orders of beef tacos and were met with a look of judgment and shock.  It really was totally unnecessary, I believe in the young waitress mindset thought we were ordering in excess.  Believe me, they did not.

I personally really enjoyed the fried wonton triangular-shaped chips with salsa, Verde, and a peanut tomato base sauce. The name of that particular sauce escapes me but that little appetizer was pretty good in my opinion. I will give La Chinesca a good review as far as the ambiance and atmosphere were very pleasing and not pretentious at all. Most of the staff was lovely and inviting even our waitress who seem to be very taken back that my other two cousins ordered double orders of tacos. That waitress seem to exaggerate the size of the portions as very large sizes which when entering our table turn out to be smaller than what she had suggested. Again, very good service. We didn't wait long for food when the restaurant had been booked up with reservations and a nice size crowd filled up the restaurant, I can ask any other waitress anything I wanted about a drink or entrée they had and they were very eager to tell me.

Would I go back for dinner? No, but I would definitely go for happy hour cocktails and appetizers.


FINAL RATING:

Steffi 🥨 🥨 🥨

Kiki 🥨 🥨

Meek 🥨 🥨




NOTE: In future blog posts we will be using a rating system of pretzels.
🥨   sucks
🥨 🥨   kinda sucks
🥨 🥨 🥨   they "aight"
🥨 🥨 🥨 🥨   tasty
🥨 🥨 🥨 🥨 🥨   yum yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hook and Reel