Tuesday, February 22, 2022

El Poquito


El Poquito

Meek: πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨

I give El Poquito four pretzels. I enjoyed the non-alcoholic passion fruit lemonade. if you want something light with a fruity twist this is the drink for you πŸ˜‹. The ambiance is spot on, well lit with warm igloo-shaped tints. It’s winter so they provide outdoor heaters making it very warm and inviting especially if you prefer dining outdoors due to the current pandemic situation. They would have had another pretzel if it weren't for the bathroom not having tissue available. All in all great experience! 


 Nachos to your liking

Passion Fruit Lemonade


Kiki: πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨

Justin the manager who was not our waiter was very willing to assist us in getting an additional heater to fight the cold weather. Ivy was very pleasant and very accommodating when I needed assistance with an order from their new mobile ordering system. You order and pay by phone using a QR code website orderwithtoast.com. The nachos are a must-have if you visit this being my first time having fajitas I’m very impressed and an item I’ll have again. If I drove by it’s not a place I would notice is definitely in the cut type of place I feel like it’s frequent by the area locals or should I say people who live in the neighborhood.



Steffi: πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨

My first Time to El Pueblito I will say it was a pleasant one. Made the reservation on resy.com which I kinda actually prefer to talking to someone over the phone. The layout of that website/app is very specific on what is available the type of seating outdoor/indoor/igloo and so forth. 

Very good service from when we walked in the door to confirm a reservation.  The very nice manager Justin accommodated us with additional heat when the chill hit us in our quaint little bubble igloo. Ivy was on the ball managing different tables but gave us the right amount of attention that we did not feel ignored. Be aware if you decide to eat there that they do have a QR code paying system. It is not only so you can read the menu also order and pay for your food via that website. They will provide you with an actual paper menu which I prefer because it’s easier for me to read with my 40+ year-old eyes. 

My cousins and I shared an order of Carnitas tacos which had shredded marinated pork, onions and cilantro in a small soft flour tortilla. They are were tasty and the Plantanos were yummy(or plantains for the rest of us). I have had them made by Haitians, Puerto Ricans, and Jamaican friends and still, I thought these were the best. Why not four pretzels in the rating?  Well, I felt a little shorted on the meat offered with the fajitas(*shrimp was yummy), and beef on the nachos was a little dry. All in all, I would visit again. That’s my three cents! 

(the actual saying is “that’s my two cents” but I adjusted for inflation)


Classic Margarita & Coke w/rum

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

The classic margarita I had a clean simple taste that’s not 'foo-foo' and complicated. I enjoyed the way it was made and will most definitely go back to enjoy it again. I like my margaritas the classic way and that’s just the way they made it. Overall I enjoyed my experience at El Poquito and definitely will make a trip back.

CAUTION: Philadelphia drops indoor dining vaccine mandate, sets a benchmark to drop mask rules  https://www.fox29.com/news/philadelphia-drops-indoor-dining-vaccine-mandate-sets-benchmark-to-drop-mask-mandate#:~:text=Philadelphia%20drops%20indoor%20dining%20vaccine%20mandate%2C%20sets%20benchmark%20to%20drop%20mask%20rules

    



We were seated in the back patio of the restaurant with two heating fans to keep us warm.


NOTE: In future blog posts we will be using a rating system of pretzels.

πŸ₯¨   sucks

πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨   kinda sucks

πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨   they "aight"

πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨   tasty

πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨ πŸ₯¨   yum yummy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hook and Reel